Damage is estimated at around $200,000 after flames tore through a main cottage and bunkie yesterday afternoon (Saturday) on Gibson Lake.
Three Muskoka Lakes Fire Department stations responded to the 1212 Wahta Road 2 address.
The blaze is not considered suspicious, but it’s still under investigation.
People were present at the time, but no one was injured.
It’s believed that a propane tank exploded after a pressure release valve went on it.
Muskoka Lakes Deputy Fire Chief Harry Baranik tells Country 102 that the fire was fully involved when crews arrived, but they were able to quickly douse the flames and keep them from spreading.
Neighbours helped firefighters with their own portable water pumps.
Both buildings were destroyed.
(Photo via Caroline Leblanc)