Their hearts were in the battle.
That from Bracebridge Fire Department Deputy Chief Jared Cayley today who provided Country 102 with the breakdown of yesterday’s blaze at Rich Hill Candles on Robert Dollar Drive.
Describing the fire as “ignorant”, Cayley says firefighters worked very hard throughout the day to end the stubborn blaze. (audio)
The owners of Rich Hill Candles have thanked firefighters, the public and others for their strength and support yesterday.
The fire was centred in the factory portion of the building, but the business's store area, plus the next door Nautilus North Gym also suffered smoke damage, said Cayley.
There is still no word on a damage estimate or cause, but staff at the candle shop, which has been in operation since 1970, have vowed to reopen.